ICF Washington State is a Charter Chapter of the International Coach Federation formed in 1998 and managed by a dedicated and energetic Board of Directors. For more information about our Chapter go to the About tab on this website.
2015 PRISM Program Education & Best Practice
- Are you just starting a coaching program in your company and wondering what to include?
- Does your company have a coaching program and you are curious about best practice?
- Have you wondered if your coaching program matches the bar for excellence that the PRISM Award criterion inspires?
- Are you a coach who seeks to initiate a PRISM Award winning program with our clients?
- If you answered, “YES” to one or more questions, then this evening is for YOU!
Following the PRISM Award criteria is itself a best practice for creating a programmatic coaching solution in an organization.
- Our first, free, “Pathway to PRISM” event will be on November 3. Ms. Carol Stone, Senior Leadership Development Consultant from T-Mobile will share the steps taken, the victories won and the potholes navigated over the course of five years in creating a coach-centered workplace.
- Networking 5:30 – 6:00 PM
- Discussion 6:00 – 7:30 PM
- We will examine this program in the context of the PRISM Award criteria and support all of us to learn best practices that qualify a program to earn this prestigious acknowledgment for coaching in an organizational context.
We look forward to seeing leaders in companies and coaches both for a rich discussion on November 3, 2015 at the Mercer Island Community Center. This is the first of three sessions we will offer – plan to attend every one! Register Here
Purpose and Scope for our Chapter PRISM Initiative
· Recognize and honor organizations in ways that encourage more organizations to use coaching
· Educate about coaching effectiveness inside of an organizational context
· Facilitate opportunities to increase community networking and reciprocity
· Increase utilization of programmatic coaching solutions through learning and exchange
ICF Credentialing Changes Effective October 1, 2015
Beginning later this year, ICF will change the requirements for attaining an ACC and PCC credential.
Changes to ACC and PCC requirements began as conversations with credentialing teams, and were developed following research into best practices regarding similar professional certifications across multiple industries and fields. ICF board members considered and discussed the proposed changes, and voted to adopt the following at the May 21, 2015 board meeting.
What will change?
ACC Credential - ICF will require applicants to complete 100 hours (same as current) of client-coaching experience since the start of their coach-specific training. Applicants would still be required to have a minimum of eight clients and at least 75 hours as paid. Additionally, at least 25 hours must have occurred within 18 months of the application for the credential.
PCC Credential – ICF will require all applicants to complete 500 hours (down from 750) of client-coaching experience since the start of their coach-specific training. Applicants would still be required to have a minimum of 25 clients and at least 450 hours as paid. Additionally, at least 50 hours must have occurred within 18 months of the application for the credential.
Purpose of the changes
The reasons for these changes are as follows:
· To raise the standard of credentialing.
· To provide a clear demonstration of experience as a direct result of coach-specific training.
· To increase emphasis on recent client-coaching hours to ensure credentialing of coaches who are in current practice.
Are there plans to change the MCC requirements?
ICF is currently studying the MCC requirements, and will appropriately communicate any future changes to that model when and if any are complete and scheduled to be implemented.
Timing of changes
On October 1, 2015 at 12:00AM (New York), we will begin allowing those that meet the requirements to apply under the new criteria.
Applicants will still be able to continue to apply under the previous criteria until September 30, 2016 at 11:59PM(New York).
For any additional questions, please contact me at email@example.com.
Assistant Executive Director